Speedfest at the Classic Motorsports Mitty returns to Georgia’s Road Atlanta April 26-28, and the activities should be bigger than ever. While HSR handles the on-track excitement with a full slate of vintage and historic racing, the Classic Motorsports magazine staff will keep the infield hopping. Here’s a taste:
• MG will be the featured marque. Bring your MG, and expect lots of like-minded fanatics to chat with. The Lane Motor Museum is even planning to bring their MG Metro Group B rally machine. Bring earplugs.
• The grand marshal will be motorsport legend David Hobbs. You may know him from Can-Am, Trans-Am, Le Mans, Formula 1 and much more.
• Mazda is the featured marque, and they have a challenge: Who can put more cars on track: Miata or MG owners? That question will be answered during Saturday’s lunch break.
• Classic Minis United will wrangle their members and have a meet at the Mitty.
• Performance Racing Oils will give a seminar on picking high-performance lubricants for older machines.
• Paul Reed Smith Guitars will award a custom guitar to the owner of the most rocking car at the event. Company President Jack Higginbotham and his band will entertain the infield crowd Saturday evening, too.
• Calling all clubs: Looking to hold your group’s meetup at a neat and easy event? Classic Motorsports can help. Contact email@example.com for details. This year several dozen clubs have committed, and another full infield is expected.
• Meet new customers. A vendor booth can be a great, low-key way to meet new customers—and touch base with current ones. Contact Joe Gearin for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Mitty details—including early ticket sales and VIP package details—can be found at http://www.themitty.com.